Login or Create an Account
Applicant Qualifications and Criteria
- Be a K‐12 public school in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, or non‐profit parent group associated with that school.
- Demonstrate the school’s commitment to growing/enriching their theatre program.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Provide a signed letter of support for the project from school administration (Principal or Superintendent), pledging to use the funds as designated.
- Complete the online application.
Schools will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Potential impact - resources funded by this grant will have the potential to transform the school’s theatre program/instruction, have a long-term impact for the students and school, and/or assist the school’s theatre program at a critical moment in its development.
- Artistic achievement and potential - the school must demonstrate a well‐developed theatre program or demonstrate commitment to and growth in theatre instruction, either during or outside of the school day.
- Financial need.
Projects will be chosen through a panel process with a charge to identify and fund projects which will allow the initiative to support a diverse set of schools. Attention will be paid in the selection process to make sure there will be a range in grade level of students served, geographic regions represented, and type of projects supported.
Those awarded a grant must:
- Complete a grant agreement.
- Agree to document and publicize the project on their own and in collaboration with the American Theatre Wing.
- Complete proposed project (with the resources procured and in use) within an agreed upon timeline.
- Supply a final report accompanied by budget outlining expenses and proof of funds spent.