Login or Create an Account
Applicant Qualifications and Criteria
- Be a K‐12 public school in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, or non‐profit parent group associated with that school.
- Demonstrate the school’s commitment to growing/enriching their theatre program.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Provide a signed letter of support for the project from school administration (principal or superintendent), pledging to use the funds as designated.
- Complete the online application and submit all required application materials
Schools will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Potential impact - resources funded by this grant will have the potential to transform the school’s theatre program/instruction, have a long-term impact for the students and school, and/or assist the school’s theatre program at a critical moment in its development.
- Artistic achievement and potential - the school must demonstrate a well‐developed theatre program or demonstrate commitment to and growth in theatre instruction, either during or outside of the school day.
- Financial need.
Projects will be chosen through a panel process with a charge to identify and fund projects which will allow the initiative to support a diverse set of schools. Attention will be paid in the selection process to make sure there will be a range in grade level of students served, geographic regions represented, and type of projects supported.
Those awarded a grant must:
- Complete a grant agreement.
- Agree to document and publicize the project on their own and in collaboration with the American Theatre Wing.
- Complete the funded project (with the resources procured and in use) within an agreed upon timeline.
- Supply a final report accompanied by budget outlining expenses and proof of funds spent.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions
Look at our Tips and Example Projects
Start an application
Back to the American Theatre Wing Homepage