Login or Create an Account
The American Theatre Wing is committed to fostering a future generation of theatre makers that reflects the diversity and dynamism of America as a whole. With the generous support of The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, The Wing is investing in direct support for underserved public high school seniors demonstrating exceptional talent and economic need who wish to attend a university to study theatre or musical theatre. Through the University Scholarships, we hope to bridge the gap between talent and opportunity and create a strong pipeline to the professional theatre for promising artists of all backgrounds.
Who should apply?
High school students in grade 12 who demonstrate talent and ability in the theatre arts, but have a lack of resources to attend a four year university program. The student’s area of focus can be from any aspect of theatre from performance, to design, to writing, to stage management, and others.
What Kinds of Applications are Competitive?
Applicants who can demonstrate need and talent, and passion for attending a university through an audition video or portfolio. Competitive applicants will show future promise, studying to make an impact as an important member of the theatre community.
Where can I study?
At an accredited private or public university or college in the United States.
- The program will have a reputation for quality training at the institution
- It will be a four year degree program
- Scholarships will be awarded primarily for course fees
Scholarship funding can applied for for:
- Primarily tuition course fees at a four year degree program.
- Each of our scholars will be provided with scholarships of up to $10,000, renewable for four years so long as a minimum GPA of 3.0 is maintained.
Funding may not be used for:
- Proprietary and online schools
- Non-degree programs
- Master’s programs
The first cycle will begin in the Fall of 2017, repeating annually:
- November 21 – Applications available
- January 20 – Deadline to apply
- February and March – Review process, selections made by expert panel
- April – Notifications of Award