Applicant Qualifications & Criteria
- Be a student at a public school in grade 12 in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and planning to graduate high school in Spring 2018
- Plan to enroll full-time in undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. Proprietary and online schools will not be eligible.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate exceptional talent as a theatre performer, designer, director, writer or composer and display a genuine interest in pursuing a career in the theatre through audition or work samples.
- Complete an extensive online application including a personal statement, video audition or work samples, and references
- Provide three references; two teachers and one other reference
- Demonstrate financial need (as determined through your Federal Application for Student Aid or FAFSA)
Scholars will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Diversity (populations historically underrepresented in our industry and professions.)
- Financial Need (demonstrated by statements and FAFSA)
- Artistic achievement, talent, and potential. (demonstrated by video audition and/or work samples required).
- Interest in pursuing a major consistent with your career goal in theatre (demonstrated by personal statement and references)
- Academic achievement
- Quality of proposed training opportunity
- Participation in community and school-based theatre activities